Apple has published a free Podcast Creation Guide (31 page PDF file) that would be an excellent resource guide for anyone working with teachers who want to learn about podcasting on Macintosh computers.
After introducing podcasting, the process involved and the respective file formats, the guide covers options for recording podcast content with QuickTime Pro, Garageband, and Soundtrack Pro. Procedures for compressing podcasts using iTunes are covered, along with information about adding metadata and artwork. I am not sure how to add artwork to a podcast audio file without iTunes. I currently use the open source / cross platform tool Audacity to create my podcasts.
I have added a bunch of new links to my podcasting social bookmarks on http://del.icio.us/wfryer/podcasting.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- 5th EdCampOKC Coming to Del City High School March 4, 2017 - 2016
- Inspired by Ashley Vance's Biography of Elon Musk - 2015
- Brainstorming the Digital Sharing Map: Classroom Edition - 2015
- Come See "One Incredible Moment" in Edmond This Weekend - 2014
- Building Virtual Bridges Through Sharing and Transparency - 2013
- Al Jazeera, Arab Spring, & Opposing Extremism in Our Midst in the USA - 2012
- Mobile Video Editing with ReelDirector on an iPhone4 #edapp - 2010
- Tech Support for Parents - 2010
- No alternative to the RTTT / Duncan Education Reform Plan Offered by Fallin - 2010
- Reasons I love Blip.tv and Screenr - 2009