Twitter has made a great change. In account settings, users can now specify that all direct replies to their user account show up in their Twitter timeline, regardless of whether that user is being followed or not by the recipient user.
This is good news, and hopefully will alleviate some of the frustrated conversations I’ve witnessed (mainly at conferences) where new Twitter users can’t converse or even get the attention of other Twitter users they’re messaging, because the other Twitter user isn’t following them.
I’m not sure how long this feature has been available in Twitter, but I just discovered it this evening. Long live Twitter and further improvements to Twitter! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- 2 Great (and free) Ways to Learn About Design Thinking - 2017
- Lessons Learned using Storycorps iPhone App for Family Oral History Interviews - 2016
- Tutorial: Creating a Narrated Slideshow with ShowMe for iPad - 2013
- NCCE and Seattle in February - 2008
- Why Digital Storytelling? - 2006