I learned recently that Dr. Renee Hobbs, director of the Media Education Lab at Temple University, will be one of the keynote speakers at the September 19th Oklahoma Teacher Enhancement Program’s annual reading conference. Unfortunately, this conference conflicts with our statewide EncycloMedia conference, which runs September 18-19, 2008. 🙁 I am so bummed I will not be able to go hear Renee speak in person.
This is a perfect example of educational conference presentations which need to be recorded and shared as podcasts! We need StoryChasers and PodCorps Stringers to assist in situations like these! I’ve emailed conference organizers Sylvia Bryant and Deena Thomas to see if it might be possible to record both Renee’s keynote along with Dr. Cathy M. Roller’s keynote. Cathy is the director of research and policy at the International Reading Association. It’s wonderful the Oklahoma Teacher Enhancement Program (OTEP) is bringing these two outstanding literacy experts to Oklahoma. Hopefully it will be possible to facilitate the recording and asynchronous sharing of their keynote messages so those who cannot attend the OTEP conference this year in person can still benefit from the idea sharing that will take place there.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Your “Normal” is Not Mine - 2019
- Hot Pot in Shanghai - 2011
- Here Come the iPads - Now What? iPad Deployment - 2011
- The Best Conference I Ever Attended... - 2011
- Wikis For The Collaborative Classroom - 2011
- New iPhoneography App Recommendations in Shanghai - 2011
- A Great Reason to Blog from the Classroom - 2010
- YouTube comment moderation is great (and recommended) when videos go viral - 2009
- Over 17,000 views on YouTube in 24 hours - 2009
- Find a guest speaker via the MERLOT Virtual Speaker's Bureau - 2008