This podcast is a recording of a videoconference I shared with educators in Texas and Ohio on July 7, 2009, as part of the summer Tandberg Connections professional development program. The session description was: Good teaching is similar in many ways to good cooking. Recipes are helpful, but master cooks often modify those to meet different needs and situations. The same is true for teachers. If we extend this analogy of cooking to teaching and learning in a web 2.0 world, what are the best “ingredients” to use as we help both teachers and students learn to be more effective, safe, and powerful communicators in our flat world? In this working session we will focus on five key ingredients: Social Bookmarking, Collaborative Document Writing, Synchronous Conferencing, Online Photo Sharing, and Minimal Click Digital Storytelling. Cooking can be intimidating for novices, but richly rewarding. Let’s learn to cook up some gourmet learning with some powerful (and free) web 2.0 tools! (end of description) We addressed ingredients one through five (of ten) in this session. Learn more about the Powerful Ingredients writing project (which Karen Montgomery and I are doing) by visiting powerfulingredients.com.
- Presentation slides on SlideShare
- Powerful Ingredients wiki links / resources
- Powerful Ingredients blog
- Powerful Ingredients book chapters (in draft form, written in Google Documents)
- Information about scheduling this presentation as a video conference with the CILC
- Tandberg Connections Program
- Wesley Fryer on Twitter
- Karen Montgomery on Twitter
- Karen Montgomery’s blog, Gomeric Hill
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Better Remote Learning: Focus on TIME boundaries, Expectations, and Simple Procedures - 2020
- An Important Conversation About Internet Trolls, Sharing Personal Information, Sexual Assault, and More - 2020
- Write Well, Sell Well Conference Sept 21, 2013 in Oklahoma City - 2013
- Hallelujah: Oklahoma Withdraws from Common Core PARCC Testing Consortium - 2013
- iPad Tutorial: Use a Free Amazon Wish List as an Information Trap for Books - 2012
- The Pivot to Personal Digital Learning by Tom Vander Ark #innov8 - 2011
- Why email is NOT good enough for communication today - 2010
- Phenomenal Math Curriculum Makeover Video by Dan Meyer - 2010
- Debunking Myths of SextCasting - 2009
- 3 more days to submit for K12Online08! - 2008