This podcast is an interview with 12 year old Rachel, who participated in the July 2015 Minecraft Summer Camp sponsored by Connected Camps of California. Rachel shares some stories about things that happened in Minecraft Camp and what she enjoyed about the camp. Check out the podcast shownotes for links to the official Connected Camps Minecraft Camp website and Twitter channel, as well as Rachel’s Minecraft channel on YouTube and a couple screenshots of her Minecraft builds from camp. Connected Camps is continuing to offer after-school Coding Camps during the school year, so check them out! Connect Camps rocks!
- Connected Camps: Club Minecraft
- Connected Camps on Twitter: @connectedcamps
- Connected Camps on YouTube
- Meet Summer of Minecraft Camp Counselors (1.5 min VIDEO)
- Rachel’s Stampy Monument in Minecraft at ConnectedCamps (screenshot)
- Rachel’s Library in Minecraft at ConnectedCamps (screenshot)
- Rachel Fryer’s website
- Rachel’s Minecraft YouTube Channel: RachelArtist
- Rachel on on Twitter: @rachfMC
by Wesley Fryer
by Wesley Fryer
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Map Media to the Common Core with iPads: Classroom 2.0 LIVE on Saturday! - 2013
- iPhone 5, Steve Jobs Reflections, & Amazing (free) Science Videos - 2012
- Publish student stories online with artwork, text and audio narration with StoryKit (free) - 2010
- Share your 5 Photo Stories on Posterous! - 2010
- Praise for Red Eye Removal and Custom Book Ordering in iPhoto '09 - 2009
- A virtual chat with President Lincoln - 2008
- Explaining the value of microblogging and Twitter for educators - 2008
- Hello from Shanghai! - 2007
- Working behind the great firewall of China - 2007
- Stitching transformative social networking experiences and impactful professional development - 2007