This past school year I have absolutely loved the opportunity to return to the classroom teaching fifth and sixth grade digital literacy and media literacy at Casady school, and also teaching an adult Sunday school class at our church (First Presbyterian of Edmond) titled, “Curiosity and Questions: Jesus and Science.” In both cases, I use daily slideshows I create in Google Slides, and I share these via a shared Google Drive folder which is embedded on the Google sites I use for both classes. One of the things I enjoy including in my slideshows, in addition to images as appropriate, are colored icons. My favorite website to use for obtaining icons is The Noun Project, which I learned about from Tony Vincent probably five or six years ago at a conference he organized in Arizona.
Yesterday morning as I was finalizing my slideshow for our last Sunday school class of the year, I recorded a seven minute video demonstrating my workflow on an iPad as I use The Noun Project to find and insert appropriate icons. I do have an educational pro account, which is well worth the small amount of money because it lets me use everything legally without attribution, and can customize the colors exactly as desired.
If this is video helpful to you, please let me know by reaching out on Twitter or by sharing a comment here. You can also use my electronic contact form.
How I Use Noun Project Icons in my Class Lesson Slideshows
(I am blogging this from my iPad, which is a bit more cumbersome for inserting links, so I will insert more links to this blog post later.)
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Force Chromebook User Logout When Closed - 2016
- A 5 Photo Sushi Story - 2011
- Learn with Bill Nye the Science Guy in Memphis June 15-16! #micon11 - 2011
- Pay to Play WiFi - 2010
- Want to Inspire Creativity? Invite LOTS of Opportunities to CREATE - 2010
- It must be time to restart - 2009
- Control your own destiny through education - 2009
- Considering Rigor in light of 21st Century Skills, ePortfolios, and Digital Identity (DI) - 2009
- Tests scores are up, what does that mean? - 2007
- Congrats Daddy Carvin! - 2006