Monday this week I had the opportunity to facilitate a monthly meeting of our Media Literacy Club (technically the “#digiURI Media Club”) for a discussion about the fantastic TED Radio Hour show, “IRL Online” from March 2020. The hour long episode features excerpts of talks from media literacy, privacy, and consumer protection luminaries Claire Wardle, Zeynep Tufekci, Edward Snowden, Margrethe Vestager, and Adam Alter. It’s a FANTASTIC collection of voices and perspectives, and provided us with lots to discuss including privacy, “The Technology Correction,” surveillance, ideas for helping students understand the importance of privacy and the impact of information hacks, and more.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- What Paperless Debate Can Teach Us About the Classroom of the Future - 2019
- Celebrating Good Memories of Bob Sprankle - 2015
- Make a Windows Laptop Into a Chromebook with Chromixium - 2015
- Resources for Going 1:1 in School - 2011
- 99¢ Podcast: iPhoneography - 2011
- 99¢ Podcast: iPad Quick Edit Videography - 2011
- Google Chrome OS Netbooks: Coming in mid-2011 #gct - 2010
- Compressing Audio Lecturecasts for Publishing with Switch Software - 2010
- Training and student laptops instead of bricks and mortar schools? - 2010
- Alternative Free RSS Reading Tools: feedly (for FireFox) and MobileRSS for iPhone - 2009