This presentation was shared as the introduction to my “Welcome to Web 2.0” workshop on Friday, March 24, 2006 in Orlando, Florida at the annual SITE conference. To introduce workshop participants to both the definition and capabilities of web 2.0 or read/write web technologies, I shared several stories about using these tools to communicate and engage in a global conversation with others. The complete, linked workshop curriculum is shared online under a Creative Commons Attribution-Only license, please feel free to utilize any of these resources for your own educational workshops or other purposes.
Program Length: 41 min, 04 sec
File size: 9.9 MB
Show notes for this podcast include:
- Welcome to Web 2.0 workshop curriculum
- International Skypecast: Defining and Telling the New Story
- David Warlick’s podcast: Reflections on Wesley Fryer’s International Skypecast on “Telling the New Story”
- Mark Ahlness’ 3rd Grade Mighty Writers
- Mike Muir on type 1 and type 2 technology uses
- David Warlick’s blog
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Transliteracy is the New Language Arts - 2013
- Updates to Blog Advertising Options and Procedures - 2013
- Blogging from 37,000 feet with Delta Airlines - 2012
- Podcast391: Voices from Mobile Learning 2012 - 2012
- Great Historical, Interpretive Remix Videos - 2011
- New Oklahoma Digital Stories: Integration, Boy Scouting, Italian Food Festivals and Planting Trees - 2010
- Don't put clickers in the same basket as laptops - 2010
- Episode 1 of the International Cooking Show - 2009
- Key for posting video embeds to WordPress - Disable visual editing - 2009
- A reason to moderate Ning Members - 2008