Stephen F. Austin Middle School in Bryan ISD, Texas has participated in the Texas Technology Immersion Pilot Project for the past two years as an immersion campus, where every 6th, 7th, and 8th grade student along with all the teachers have access to an iBook laptop computer 24/7. This podcast includes three sections: An update on my changing job status, some reflections on student content creation in the classroom, and an interview with Barbara Ybarra and Sharon Ogden of Bryan ISD who help support teachers in their technology immersion project. Barbara and Sharon share their perspectives and some lessons learned after two years of successful technology immersion with middle school students and teachers.
Program Length: 29 min, 40 sec
File size: 13.6 MB (encoded at 64 kbps instead of my normal 32 because of a partially included song)
Show notes for this podcast include:
- Bryan ISD Technology Immersion project website
- Blocking social networking sites is an insufficient response
- Texas Technology Leadership Academy Video Perspectives
- The 1-to-1 Stories Project
- Footfalls_Toward_Home.mp3 by Wesley Fryer (Linked from my Free Audio page)
- TxTIP official information website
- My blog posts mentioning TxTIP
- My digital literacy curriculum from this week (on a wiki, focusing on blogging and podcasting in the classroom)
- Every One Learns – Pedagogy, Technology, Motivation (Blog of Mike Muir)
- Digital kids, School Relevancy, Poverty, & School Reform
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podcast404: Learning About the Textile Industry Through Object-Based Global Exchange - 2013
- Playing With Media and the Story of the American West - 2012
- iPads and Technology Integration for School Principals #tepsa11 - 2011
- More amazing stopmotion examples - 2009
- Praise for NeoOffice (OpenOffice) and SeaShore (GIMP) - 2008
- links for 2008-06-15 - 2008
- Taxonomy versus Folksonomy - 2007
- NECC 2007 Flickr group and blogging - 2007
- Amazing MacBook upgrade - 2006