Stephen F. Austin Middle School in Bryan ISD, Texas has participated in the Texas Technology Immersion Pilot Project for the past two years as an immersion campus, where every 6th, 7th, and 8th grade student along with all the teachers have access to an iBook laptop computer 24/7. This podcast includes three sections: An update on my changing job status, some reflections on student content creation in the classroom, and an interview with Barbara Ybarra and Sharon Ogden of Bryan ISD who help support teachers in their technology immersion project. Barbara and Sharon share their perspectives and some lessons learned after two years of successful technology immersion with middle school students and teachers.
Program Length: 29 min, 40 sec
File size: 13.6 MB (encoded at 64 kbps instead of my normal 32 because of a partially included song)
Show notes for this podcast include:
- Bryan ISD Technology Immersion project website
- Blocking social networking sites is an insufficient response
- Texas Technology Leadership Academy Video Perspectives
- The 1-to-1 Stories Project
- Footfalls_Toward_Home.mp3 by Wesley Fryer (Linked from my Free Audio page)
- TxTIP official information website
- My blog posts mentioning TxTIP
- My digital literacy curriculum from this week (on a wiki, focusing on blogging and podcasting in the classroom)
- Every One Learns – Pedagogy, Technology, Motivation (Blog of Mike Muir)
- Digital kids, School Relevancy, Poverty, & School Reform
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Reminded About the Power of Student Centered Pedagogy - 2018
- Podcast404: Learning About the Textile Industry Through Object-Based Global Exchange - 2013
- Playing With Media and the Story of the American West - 2012
- iPads and Technology Integration for School Principals #tepsa11 - 2011
- More amazing stopmotion examples - 2009
- Praise for NeoOffice (OpenOffice) and SeaShore (GIMP) - 2008
- links for 2008-06-15 - 2008
- Taxonomy versus Folksonomy - 2007
- NECC 2007 Flickr group and blogging - 2007
- Amazing MacBook upgrade - 2006