I’ve updated the draft version of the video I originally titled “safe classroom blogging.” The final title is “perspectives on classroom blogging.” Thanks very much to everyone who provided feedback and suggestions. I’ll be showing this video in about two hours in my presentation on “Safe Classroom Blogging” for the MacWorld 2007 K-12 education day in San Francisco.
In addition to the title change, I cut nine of the original images used in the video out entirely, extended the display time on most images from 1 second to 1.5 seconds, zoomed in to show better detail on several, used the Ken Burns effect on a few more and increased the display time, and inserted a REAL audio clip of H. Songhai sharing his perspectives on classroom blogging instead of the Garageband vocal-transformer version I used originally. I’ve added a graphical link to the video download page on my blog sidebar to make it easier for people to find it.
Video link: Safe Classroom Blogging Introductory Video (6 min, 39 sec – 33 MB)
Credits / Attribution links for this video as well as links to contributor and referenced blogs are available also. I am trying to model best-practices in terms of intellectual property / fair use / attribution of media sources. One new resource related to this I used in creating this video is YotoPhoto. YotoPhoto indexes Flickr Creative Commons images as well as other public and openly licensed images for use in presentations and multimedia projects like this.
I’ll post a copy of this to Google Video soon as well. Got to get over to the convention center now! 🙂
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Why Scratch Club? - 2013
- Temporarily Copy Offline YouTube Videos to Your iPad - 2012
- Claim Your Online Content With Google+ Authorship Settings - 2012
- Misleading Article About Oklahoma Lottery Funds Supplanting Education Funds - 2012
- The Power of Social Media Supporting Collaboration and Creativity: #popupschool at #cwf2010 - 2011
- WordPress Plugins for Database Maintenance and Plugin Listing - 2010
- Harry Potter Whiteboard Wands, Responders, and the Palm Pre - 2009
- The MegaVCR: Media and More in Your Pocket - 2007
- Simple Podcasting on a Global Scale - 2007
- Engaging Brains Through Games and Simulations by Bernie Dodge - 2007