I was delighted to learn this evening that both the presentation of Lynn Burmark (of The Thornburg Center) titled “They laughed when I told them how I beat stress!” and Jamey Osborne’s presentation “Creative Commons: Escape the Hassles of Copyright Infringement” from TCEA 2007 are available online via the Apple Learning Interchange. (Thanks Tim Wilson!)
These are both TOP NOTCH, outstanding presentations that I commend to all educators. Lynn Burmark’s perspectives on teaching, learning, stress relief, laughter and joyful living are a breath of much-needed fresh air amidst continued focus on high-stakes testing and accountability in many U.S. K-12 schools. Her session at TCEA 2007 was packed with attendees, and for good reason, for Lynn offered not only an enjoyable presentation but also concrete suggestions for stressed-out educators everywhere to find relief through humor and a healthy focus on the things which are most important in learning and in life.
Jamey Osborne is now the Director of Instructional Technology for the La Porte ISD, near Galveston Bay east of Houston, and previously taught in El Paso. His perspectives on copyright, intellectual property, and the ways Creative Commons licensing is and should play a wider role in the legal uses and sharing of rich media files for educators are right on target.
If you’re looking for some good professional development in upcoming weeks, look no further than these two audio recordings of recent presentations by Lynn and Jamey.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Inspire Your Students with the 2017 Google I/O Opening Animated Video - 2017
- Rocket Time! (an iPhone iMovie Trailer) - 2014
- Redeeming the Family: Blessing Children of Incarcerated Parents - 2013
- Rise Up Oklahoma City: Support Our Public Schools! - 2012
- Brainstorming PlayingWithMedia.com with Popplet - 2011
- 7th Annual American Indian Learner's Conference: May 21, 2011 - 2011
- How are you addressing the digital participation gap? #newlearningculture - 2011
- Scratch, Stopmotion, Lego Robotics, Worm Farming and more at Kids College in Altus - 2010
- Digital audio recorder quest: affordable, powerful, compatible (May 2010) - 2010
- First geocaching experiences with our Garmin eTrex Legend HCx - 2008