I was honored to again participate in an interactive presentation over video with both students, teachers and parents involved in the ProTechT 2008 project this afternoon. This connection involved more students as well as adults than this morning’s session… I’m not exactly sure how many, but we did have twenty different “viewers” of the UStream channel at one point. The ProtechT teachers may have recorded how many students and parents were in attendance in their classrooms. We archived the presentation via Ustream.tv, and I also archived the text chat transcript.
UStream.tv really is amazing. Yet another example of how we are living in a “publish at will” infoverse. The rights and responsibilities which accompany this type of DIGITAL POWER are VERY important to discuss and think about in depth, and that was one of our primary topics during this series of media-enabled conversations. (Part 1 of this discussion over Ustream.tv is also available.)
The referenced link during this presentation for Internet Safety resources for families is:
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Triple Threat in Tech: A Reflection - 2016
- Visualize: Sticky Learning (Visual Notetaking) - 2014
- A Renaissance in Educational Podcasting - 2014
- Recorded Audio & Resources from my #otaem12 Presentations Today - 2012
- Standards Mapping the Common Core to Everyday Instruction and Teaching - 2012
- Can You Do That? Legal Issues in Tech Administration #otaem12 - 2012
- Visioning New Schools with David Warlick - 2012
- Anywhere, Anytime Learning by Janet Barresi - 2012
- Montana Voices: Digital Vision for Schools 2011 Challenge #mtvision - 2011
- Learning with iPad #msmeca11 - 2011