I was honored to again participate in an interactive presentation over video with both students, teachers and parents involved in the ProTechT 2008 project this afternoon. This connection involved more students as well as adults than this morning’s session… I’m not exactly sure how many, but we did have twenty different “viewers” of the UStream channel at one point. The ProtechT teachers may have recorded how many students and parents were in attendance in their classrooms. We archived the presentation via Ustream.tv, and I also archived the text chat transcript.
UStream.tv really is amazing. Yet another example of how we are living in a “publish at will” infoverse. The rights and responsibilities which accompany this type of DIGITAL POWER are VERY important to discuss and think about in depth, and that was one of our primary topics during this series of media-enabled conversations. (Part 1 of this discussion over Ustream.tv is also available.)
The referenced link during this presentation for Internet Safety resources for families is:
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Triple Threat in Tech: A Reflection - 2016
- Visualize: Sticky Learning (Visual Notetaking) - 2014
- A Renaissance in Educational Podcasting - 2014
- Recorded Audio & Resources from my #otaem12 Presentations Today - 2012
- Standards Mapping the Common Core to Everyday Instruction and Teaching - 2012
- Can You Do That? Legal Issues in Tech Administration #otaem12 - 2012
- Visioning New Schools with David Warlick - 2012
- Anywhere, Anytime Learning by Janet Barresi - 2012
- Montana Voices: Digital Vision for Schools 2011 Challenge #mtvision - 2011
- Learning with iPad #msmeca11 - 2011