This podcast is a recording of a 1.5 hour presentation I co-presented with Eric Hileman at a local Oklahoma City church about a variety of technology topics including Internet searching, debunking email myths (urban legends,) digital photography, iPods, iTunes, iTunes University, and more. We touched on a lot of topics but certainly didn’t cover EVERYTHING the program said we would! The official program description for this class was: Do you know what “text messaging” is? What are some tips and tricks for using an iPod for learning and entertainment? Learn how to download free university classes on an iPod. What is a wii? What do cell phones offer? Can your phone be a locator in an emergency? Got internet questions? Need a computer upgrade? What is available now on the market? What is a smart board? How is it used in education? Come and learn some of the technology language used today and how it can affect our future? Could a computer chip inside you store all your medical history and records? How can technology improve our lives?
- All referenced links in this presentation are shared as a public Google Notebook.
- Official webpage / session description page for this presentation
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- How Much Should Teachers Share Online? - 2016
- TMobile Claims iPhone Users Pay AT&T More to Be Slower - 2011
- Configure WordPress to auto-correct HTML nested tag errors - 2011
- Science is a Contact Sport with the Brightest Minds in the World @GovInternships - 2011
- Lucrative rewards of viral videos encourage parents to put their children on YouTube - 2010
- Podcast346: Discussing Digital Literacy with Educators in the New Literacies Collaborative - 2010
- Discussing Digital Literacy with the New Literacies Collaborative at NC State - 2010
- Film on the Fly - Earth Day Contest Starts Monday! - 2009
- Storm Stories from Texas and Oklahoma - 2009
- Be wary of saying it with email - 2008