I recently discovered the audio podcasting page of the Professional Oklahoma Educators organization, which includes a variety of interviews with Oklahoma elected officials focusing on education policy and specifically NCLB. Strictly speaking I think these are simply posted audio files and not a podcast, since a web feed does not appear to be available permitting podcast subscriptions / syndicated downloads of episodes with iTunes or another podcatcher. I’m very glad to find these audio interviews, none-the-less. Included interviews feature:
- Congresswoman Mary Fallin
- Senator Jim Inhofe
- Congressman Tom Cole
- Congressman Dan Boren
- Tad Jones, past Chairman of the Oklahoma House Education Committee
- Representative Chris Benge, past Oklahoma Speaker of the House
This is the first time I’ve encountered a podcast series like this which specifically focuses on interviews with elected state officials discussing NCLB and school reform issues. I’m looking forward to listening to these.
Since a web feed is not available on the site, I’d like to use a free service like Podchains used to offer and we used for K12Online08 to create our podcast channels. Podchains no longer offers that service, however. Does anyone know of a fast way (besides using a delicious.com tag and grabbing the RSS feed) to create a RSS feed for a collection of podcasting links? I loved Podchains: it was so simple and easy. I’m sorry to see it’s no longer available but am hoping there are other similar services out there. Ideas?
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- iPad Green Screen Video Creation - 2015
- Mastery Grid with Openly Licensed Icons - 2014
- Podcast384: Michael Wesch at Heartland eLearning 2011 - 2011
- Following Greyson Chance's Rise to Musical Fame - 2010
- Homegrown YouTube Clone Websites in Schools - 2010
- phpBB for my School Reform Book Forum? - 2010
- MacBook Air Digital Lust - 2010
- How I create and publish podcasts - 2009
- PollEverywhere Polls and Results from KATE - 2009
- The mind of a learner: Iron, Marble, Receptacle or Flame? - 2008