This video is a good example of a professor transcending “The Synchronous Non-interactive Fallacy” I wrote about in January 2006.
I’ve added this video to my “Videos for PD” blog page under the first section heading, “Schools Need to Change.”
This video looks and sounds great, but the question is, what are the professors at Kaplan actually doing to blend learning?
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Register for iPad Media Camp in Summer 2014 in Illinois, Texas, Kansas & Oklahoma! - 2014
- UCO Dumps Epic One on One Charter School - 2011
- Free Project Gutenberg eBooks Download Directly to Kindle for iPad - 2011
- The Frontiers Beckon (NASA video) - 2011
- Blog posts that hide spoilers - 2010
- Implications of (almost) free online storage for educators and students - 2010
- A Creative Designer's Solicitation for Employment via StopMotion - 2009
- Keep family and friends informed of hospital and health updates with CaringBridge - 2009
- Gabcast recording auto-post to WordPress.com successful, not with Blogger - 2009
- Learning about Internet safety in Travian - 2008