Yesterday I had an opportunity to share a presentation with the faculty at Wells Junior High School, in Wells, Maine. Cheryl Oakes webcasted the presentation on UStream. I shared a modified version of my presentation, “Tales of Digital Magic.” The Ustream recording is 1 hour, 18 minutes long.
The most amazing thing about this day of PD was that EVERY teacher in the school cafeteria had and used their OWN school-provided laptop. Many of these teachers have had their own school laptops for NINE years. After my presentation and a short break, I joined other school and district technology integration facilitators helping teachers develop their own tech-lessons. Many started using VoiceThread, others experimented with Etherpad (via iEtherpad and PiratePad,) some worked on multimedia presentations, and other assorted topics. It was a great morning of short, focused direct instruction followed by about two hours of differentiated learning. This is a photo I took with Pano of the teachers working on their laptops.
I look forward to the day when this kind of PD is “normal” for all the teachers in Oklahoma!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Join Our 10th STEMseeds Google Hangout Saturday April 4th - 2015
- Fun Scratch Projects Today in STEM Class - 2014
- Lessons on Suicide Prevention from Rich Van Pelt - 2013
- Digital Citizenship: Learning to Cross the Street in a Digital World - 2013
- Joys of iPad2 VGA Out - 2011
- iPad First Impressions: It's Magical - 2010
- AudioBoo will upload over EDGE - 2009
- College students: Win $$$ for developing social networking apps - 2008
- links for 2008-04-03 - 2008
- Head faking kids to love programming and change the world - 2008