Yesterday I had an opportunity to share a presentation with the faculty at Wells Junior High School, in Wells, Maine. Cheryl Oakes webcasted the presentation on UStream. I shared a modified version of my presentation, “Tales of Digital Magic.” The Ustream recording is 1 hour, 18 minutes long.
The most amazing thing about this day of PD was that EVERY teacher in the school cafeteria had and used their OWN school-provided laptop. Many of these teachers have had their own school laptops for NINE years. After my presentation and a short break, I joined other school and district technology integration facilitators helping teachers develop their own tech-lessons. Many started using VoiceThread, others experimented with Etherpad (via iEtherpad and PiratePad,) some worked on multimedia presentations, and other assorted topics. It was a great morning of short, focused direct instruction followed by about two hours of differentiated learning. This is a photo I took with Pano of the teachers working on their laptops.
I look forward to the day when this kind of PD is “normal” for all the teachers in Oklahoma!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Join Our 10th STEMseeds Google Hangout Saturday April 4th - 2015
- Fun Scratch Projects Today in STEM Class - 2014
- Lessons on Suicide Prevention from Rich Van Pelt - 2013
- Digital Citizenship: Learning to Cross the Street in a Digital World - 2013
- Joys of iPad2 VGA Out - 2011
- iPad First Impressions: It's Magical - 2010
- AudioBoo will upload over EDGE - 2009
- College students: Win $$$ for developing social networking apps - 2008
- links for 2008-04-03 - 2008
- Head faking kids to love programming and change the world - 2008