This podcast is a recording of Sheri Burkeen and Shelley Herzke’s presentation, “PODDY Training: iPod Touches in the Early Childhood Classroom” on 1 Oct 2010 at the Martin Institute for Teaching Excellence’s fall conference in Memphis, Tennessee. This session was described as “A hands-on workshop with iPod Touch apps designed especially for young children.” Please refer to the podcast shownotes for links to my text notes of this session, along with a link to the AppsFire page of Sheri and Shelley which includes ALL the iOS applications they discussed in this outstanding presentation.
- AppFire links for iOS Apps referenced in this session
- Resources for this session
- Sheri Burkeen on Twitter: @ecctech
- Shelley Herzke on Twitter: @sherzke
- St. Mary’s Episcopal School (Memphis, TN)
- My text notes from this session
- The Martin Institute
- The Martin Institute Conference Wiki (with links to presentation resources)
- Twitter posts on #micon (Martin Institute Conference)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- A Fourth Grader is Inspired by Oklahoma Artist Danny Gordon - 2013
- Congrats Brad Wilson: iRig Mic Winner for Sharing Student Media in September - 2011
- Podcast381: Reach for the Stars Using Media in Your Classroom - 2011
- Podcast361: Be Like Google (as a school community) - 2010
- Podcast360: Say YES to WikiPedia by Philip Cummings - 2010
- Podcast358: Lessons Learned Ustreaming EVERY Conference Presentation (and more) with Clif Mims - 2010
- My TeachMeet Tennessee Shares on Digital Storytelling and Balanced Filtering in Schools #tmtn - 2010
- Audioboo: Favorite family web 2.0 app by @clifmims #tmtn - 2010
- 2010 will be an interesting year for Oklahoma educational politics - 2009
- RIAA lawsuits are not constructive responses to P2P file sharing - 2008