Bob Sprankle has (along with others like Alan Levine) inspired me to start a 365 photo blog in 2011. I’m contemplating options for setting up the blog, and am wondering whether a Posterous blog or a WordPress blog (probably on a subdomain of speedofcreativity.org) would be my best choice? Bob uses WordPress (bobsprankle.com/365) and Alan uses Flickr sets (I don’t think he posts these to a separate blog.) I know free apps like PicPosterous and Posterous can make mobile 365 photo blogging very speedy, so that’s why I’m considering Posterous. I’m most likely going to shoot all my photos for the year with my iPhone4.
For those readers who have (and/or currently) participate in the 365 photo blogging project, what is your opinion about this question? Are their advantages or benefits of Posterous or a self-hosted WordPress blog which make it an obvious choice for a 365 photos blog? Is Flickr all I should use for the project, or is cross-posting to a blog worthwhile from a networking / learning standpoint or for other reasons?
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Things I'm Learning about HDMI Cables - 2017
- Selectively Auto-Sync Local Files to Google Drive - 2016
- iOS Movie App Recommendations from Tim Tyson #edapp - 2010
- PhotoShop, Art, and Ning Collaboration with Students in Maine and China - 2010
- A Lesson Idea About Our Inherent Value as Human Beings - 2010
- Linda Darling-Hammond has my vote for SOE - 2008
- Podcast295: Reconsidering Paradigms of Value and Rewards for Teacher Expertise with John Costilla of WeAreTeachers.com - 2008
- Podcast208: Blending Learning with Powerful Ingredients - 2007
- Watching graph scales during our ice storm - 2007
- No sidetrips for learning today - 2006