In preparation for next week’s face-to-face and online workshop on December 29th, “iOS Apps for Productivity and Fun (iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch)” I’ve created an accompanying handout which includes categorized lists of applications we’ll be sharing. I say “we” because my kids have agreed to assist me as workshop facilitators! These apps, linked to their respective pages in the iTunes App Store, are listed on wiki.wesfryer.com/workshops/handouts/ios. If you have not yet registered to join us for the workshop, either face-to-face in Oklahoma City or virtually via Ustream.tv and a Chatzy.com backchannel, you can still register via EventBrite through December 27th. (F) indicates a free app, (C) indicates the app is commercial, i.e. not free. We won’t demonstrate ALL these apps during the six hour workshop in exhaustive detail, but we are planning to share most of them. This list is still subject to change, check the virtual handout page for the most current version.
Showcased Apps by Category
Music & Art
Geography, Science & Math
Do you have some favorite apps which didn’t make our list? If so, please share them!
If you haven’t already, be sure to checkout the great list of nominated 2010 educational apps from iEAR. Hat tip to Tony Vincent for sharing this list.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Book Review: The Industries of the Future by Alec Ross - 2016
- Advice for Teachers Starting with Classroom Blogging - 2015
- Creativity, Connectedness and the Adjacent Possible - 2014
- Exploring the Hobbit on iTunes University and Course To-Dos - 2013
- Nook Tablet Plays Enhanced eBooks - 2011
- Directly Download the Playing with Media enhanced eBook to your iPad! - 2011
- Learning about Scratch Basics (a podcast interview with 7 and 10 year olds) - 2010
- If you like Moving at the Speed of Creativity... - 2009
- UNICEF Photos of the Year Give Cause to Pause This Holiday Season - 2008
- 4 Year Old Perceptions of Christmas - 2007