The official description of this new channel, which I’m publishing using free / open source Podcast Generator software, is:
This audio podcast channel includes a variety of audio recordings by and recorded by Wesley Fryer, published for educators worldwide interested in free, audio-based professional development. This is a supplementary podcast channel (complementing “Moving at the Speed of Creativity Podcasts“) which typically includes longer and lightly edited or unedited audio recordings.
I recorded a seven minute introduction as the initial podcast in the channel, providing a bit more information about why I created this new site. While all episodes in the channel are currently of my own workshops, that will not be the case for all future episodes. (I have well over 100 past recordings from conferences which I’ll potentially be sharing here.) This podcast channel title and subdomain address are the result of feedback I received following my December 17th post, “Help Needed: A Name for an Uncut Audio Channel.”
As of today, nine episodes are available from the three workshops I taught in Oklahoma City and virtually in December. Those workshop titles, resource wiki links, and audio podcast recordings are:
For more information about how to use Podcast Generator (and how I used it this past fall for a course audio lecturecast at the University of North Texas) see my September 2010 post, “Creating a course audio lecturecast (podcast) with Podcast Generator.” Also check out my December 8th post, “Compressing Audio Lecturecasts for Publishing with Switch Software.” That post includes the following screencast about using Podcast Generator.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Restore or Move a Large mySQL Database with mySQLDumper - 2013
- Dave Ramsey on Strengths, Jobs, Entrepreneurship, Lifelong Learning & Persistence - 2011
- Lessons Learned Videoconferencing on the BlueJeans Network (Dec 2011) - 2011
- Watching Live Bowl Games on MobiTV - 2010
- Praise for MobileRSS on the iPhone - 2009
- Toodledo: My quest for a web-based and iPhone friendly GTD organizer is over - 2008
- Upgrading multiple WordPress installations - 2007
- Empowering citizen journalists - 2006
- YouTube and Technological Anarchy - 2005
- Educational Banner Evangelism - 2005