This is great news, since it will open the door to more opportunities for legal remixing of YouTube video content and more chances to play with media!
If you are not familiar with Creative Commons and why it’s so important to teachers and students in schools, check out one or more of the videos on the Creative Commons website. My favorite is still “Get Creative,” from 2002. Also be sure to check out my new “Copyright” page on “Playing with Media,” including a clever mnemonic to remember copyright and fair use guidelines relating to media sharing and fair use: “Harry Potter Can Fly!”
H = Homegrown
P = Public Domain
C = Creative Commons
F = Fair Use
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- The Cognitive Cost of Carbon Copy Email - 2019
- Audience Feedback at iPadPalooza 2016 - 2016
- Seven Indispensable Google Chrome Extensions - 2015
- Explaining No-Edit Audio Recording Power with an AudioBoo from Pearl Harbor - 2011
- Dreams of Open, Wireless Broadband Access and High Speed Rural Connectivity - 2011
- Online video editing with Kaltura and Stroome - 2010
- Ready to webcast and podcast NECC 2009 and discuss K12Online09 at EduBloggerCon - 2009
- No Partnership for 21st Century Skills Speaker's Bureau Membership for me - 2009
- OKC Bombing, Underground Chinatown in Oklahoma, Veteran Stories, and an Amazing Adoption from Russia - 2009
- An Oklahoma, USA to Winnipeg, Canada Connection: Indian Jack Jacobs - 2009