ShowMe is a free application for iPad which permits anyone to create narrated slideshow videos which can include telestrator (“John Madden”) style annotations. The following 7 minute video tutorial highlights the steps to follow to create a narrated slideshow with the ShowMe iPad app, using a photo gallery in Picasa (free from Google) as a virtual image scrapbook for project images. These 25 images are also shared separately in another blog post.
This video was created on an iPad using the $3 app “Explain Everything.” While the ShowMe App is great and its accompanying website showme.com permits users to publish an unlimited number of videos for free, Explain Everything does have some comparative advantages. Unlike the ShowMe app, Explain Everything:
- Permits users to pre-load all the slides which will be used in a narrated slideshow, instead of having to load them sequentially during the recording process as ShowMe requires.
- Supports photos imported from a Dropbox account.
- Permits project publishing directly to YouTube.
That said, ShowMe is still a great application and it’s free. A variety of other “whiteboard” or “narrated slideshow” iPad apps are available in addition to these, including DoodleCast ($2), ReplayNote ($5) and ScreenChomp (free).
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- 10 Days till EdCampOKC 2017: March 4, 2017 at Del City High School - 2017
- iPad Video App Smash: Auphonic, Voice Record Pro and Green Screen - 2016
- Presentations on Creativity, 3D Printing, Digital Sharing and More - 2016
- Audio Podcasting with iOS and YouTube - 2015
- Sleet Sledding: The Movie (fun with iMovie for iPhone Trailers) - 2013
- Create a Narrated Slideshow with ShowMe for iPad - 2012
- Marzano Causal Teacher Evaluation Model by Robert La Grassa - 2012
- Lessons Learned from Finger Puppet Theater on Vimeo - 2011
- 5th Grade Colonial Living History Museum - 2011
- Podcast372: Sharing the Power of Digital Storytelling in Hangzhou, China with Joe Lambert and Wesley Fryer - 2011