All session resources are on:
Follow Tony Vincent on Twitter:
TONY IS “THE CONSUMMATE EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY PROFESSIONAL – I LOVE LEARNING FROM HIM! I LOVED HOW HE HELPED US BOTH REMINICE ABOUT HOW MOVIEMAKING “USED TO BE IN THE OLD DAYS” OF iMacs & FIREWIRE CABLES IN THIS SESSION, BUT ALSO LEARN SO MANY NEW IDEAS AND PRACTICAL APPROACHES TO USING MOVIEMAKING WITH STUDENTS
by Wesley Fryer
short clips are great because:
– visually interesting
– rarely zooms and pans
– illusion of multiple cameras
– shorter lines
– script just off camera
“CollabraCam: Multicam Social Video Production” is great app for multiple-camera videos using iOS devices, but it wouldn’t work on the wifi network here at MiamiDevice
MY COMMENT: I USED COLLABRACAM BACK IN JANUARY 2012 AND LOVED THE IDEA BUT FOUND IT BUGGY AT THE TIME. HOPEFULLY IT WILL CONTINUE TO IMPROVE!
Splice app for iOS is so easy & free
– can bring together photos, videos, and transitions to combine
– less of a learning curve than iMovie
Technique: use black and white
– usually shows something old or bad
– we just saw this used in many campaign ads: “Can we trust so-and-so…”
Slow motion: makes it more dramatic
Documents 5 by Readdle will let us “open in another app”
– use it to open music (‘open in’) in iMovie
Phenomenon when people record videos: “fire hosing”
– instead of panning, stopping and doing another video: that is best
MY COMMENT: YEP, THIS IS IN WIKTIONARY:
Light tripod for mobile videography Tony likes and has:
transitions tell your audience the time and/or place of the video has changed, so use them sparingly
Action Movie FX app
– takes your video and does a green-screenish effects, Hollywood effects
MY COMMENT: I AM SO GETTING THIS FOR MY CLASSROOM iPAD CART FOR STUDENT VIDEOS!
Horizon – Horizontal HD Video Recorder (lock iOS device to avoid vertical videos)
Edited version of a YouTube video Tony partially shared during his session – I LOVE THIS!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Normalizing Audio in an iPad Paper Slide Video with Auphonic - 2016
- Pushing Free and Paid iPad Apps using Meraki MDM - 2015
- Enhanced iPad Videos by Greg Kulowiec at Miami Device 2014 - 2014
- Sketchnote of Show What You Know With Media by Silvia Tolisano - 2014
- Introducing the PlayingWithMedia.com Video Library - 2014
- Show What You Know with Media - 2014
- Beware of iPhone "Melt" App Email and SMS Spam - 2013
- Notes from Gary Stager's Keynote: 2012 Interactive Learning Institute #k20ili - 2012
- This Is What Learning Looks Like by Gary Stager (Nov 2012) - 2012
- Puffin Web Browser for Flash Movies on iOS - 2011