All session resources are on:
Follow Tony Vincent on Twitter:
TONY IS “THE CONSUMMATE EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY PROFESSIONAL – I LOVE LEARNING FROM HIM! I LOVED HOW HE HELPED US BOTH REMINICE ABOUT HOW MOVIEMAKING “USED TO BE IN THE OLD DAYS” OF iMacs & FIREWIRE CABLES IN THIS SESSION, BUT ALSO LEARN SO MANY NEW IDEAS AND PRACTICAL APPROACHES TO USING MOVIEMAKING WITH STUDENTS
by Wesley Fryer
short clips are great because:
– visually interesting
– rarely zooms and pans
– illusion of multiple cameras
– shorter lines
– script just off camera
“CollabraCam: Multicam Social Video Production” is great app for multiple-camera videos using iOS devices, but it wouldn’t work on the wifi network here at MiamiDevice
MY COMMENT: I USED COLLABRACAM BACK IN JANUARY 2012 AND LOVED THE IDEA BUT FOUND IT BUGGY AT THE TIME. HOPEFULLY IT WILL CONTINUE TO IMPROVE!
Splice app for iOS is so easy & free
– can bring together photos, videos, and transitions to combine
– less of a learning curve than iMovie
Technique: use black and white
– usually shows something old or bad
– we just saw this used in many campaign ads: “Can we trust so-and-so…”
Slow motion: makes it more dramatic
Documents 5 by Readdle will let us “open in another app”
– use it to open music (‘open in’) in iMovie
Phenomenon when people record videos: “fire hosing”
– instead of panning, stopping and doing another video: that is best
MY COMMENT: YEP, THIS IS IN WIKTIONARY:
Light tripod for mobile videography Tony likes and has:
transitions tell your audience the time and/or place of the video has changed, so use them sparingly
Action Movie FX app
– takes your video and does a green-screenish effects, Hollywood effects
MY COMMENT: I AM SO GETTING THIS FOR MY CLASSROOM iPAD CART FOR STUDENT VIDEOS!
Horizon – Horizontal HD Video Recorder (lock iOS device to avoid vertical videos)
Edited version of a YouTube video Tony partially shared during his session – I LOVE THIS!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Normalizing Audio in an iPad Paper Slide Video with Auphonic - 2016
- Podcast448: Artificial Reality, Free Online Learning Channels & STEAM Studio - 2016
- Pushing Free and Paid iPad Apps using Meraki MDM - 2015
- Enhanced iPad Videos by Greg Kulowiec at Miami Device 2014 - 2014
- Sketchnote of Show What You Know With Media by Silvia Tolisano - 2014
- Introducing the PlayingWithMedia.com Video Library - 2014
- Show What You Know with Media - 2014
- Beware of iPhone "Melt" App Email and SMS Spam - 2013
- Notes from Gary Stager's Keynote: 2012 Interactive Learning Institute #k20ili - 2012
- This Is What Learning Looks Like by Gary Stager (Nov 2012) - 2012