Mysteriously, the mouse on my Macbook has stopped clicking. Thinking this was a problem with my built-in trackpad, I dug in the garage for an old USB mouse (I found our blue and white hockey puck mouse from our now unused Yosemite G3 tower) and tried it– but to no avail.
Anyone experienced this problem before or have a suggestion how to fix this? I booted into single user mode and was able to run the disk utility repair disk from the command line using the /sbin/fsck -yf command (nod to Dan Frakes) but that didn’t change anything either. I setup an appointment with our local Apple Genius bar but unfortunately the first opening tomorrow is at 7 pm.
If anyone has suggestions or ideas on resolving this (besides “use a different computer,” which obviously I’m already doing to post this) I’d love to hear them. 🙂 The mouse is visible and moves around fine, I can login by using the arrow keys to select a user and press return, but I can’t click the mouse either using the mouse button below the trackpad or the tap-sensitive trackpad itself. All other keys on the keyboard appear to be working, I can login with my password and use keyboard shortcuts to open and close folders on the desktop, open QuickTime movies and play them using the spacebar, etc. I wasn’t able to find any suggestions for this online so I posted this to the Apple Macbook support forum as well.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Provide Family Tech Support FREE with Teamviewer - 2020
- Teaching iPad Videography From 3800 Miles Away - 2014
- Copying the Textbook is NOT an Acceptable Assignment - 2012
- New Video Editing Options with YouTube's Browser-based Editor and Magisto - 2011
- Making the Case for Sharing Curriculum Openly Online - 2011
- Radio Program for Playing with Media? - 2011
- World Expo Shanghai (a VoiceThread digital story) - 2010
- Create animated cartoon videos with GoAnimate #learning2cn - 2010
- Takeaways from the 21st Century Learning @ Hong Kong Conference - 2009
- New South Wales: The One to Watch as a Scaled 1:1 Deployment - 2009