Well this is fun, have you tried AIM Fight yet? Just put in the AOL IM screennames of two people, and click FIGHT to see who is more connected!
My main critique is that it does not include Yahoo and MSN. If you know of another website like this that does please comment on it here. I am not sure the exact number, but I think over half of my IM contacts use Yahoo and MSN, so the AIM Fight underrepresents my connectivity! 🙂 That is why my main IM client is AdiumX, on the Windows side more people are using Trillian for the same reason: multi-protocol IM communication is a must in the flat world.
More info about how AIM Fight works is available. Very cool idea. Good visual tool for helping people understand digital divide issues between digital immigrants and digital natives. Thanks to Maria H for letting me know about this!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Reflections on Learning from the OU Innovation Hub - 2017
- Laptops and iPhones Can Eat Cellular LTE Data FAST - 2014
- iOS4 Tip Screencast: Closing Apps Open in the Background #edapp - 2010
- iPhone LIVE Webcasting to UStream, Tiered iPhone Data Plans, Exaflood Rumors - 2009
- Why aren't we using the real world? - 2009
- VoiceThread compared to GarageBand - 2008
- Tips for digital story evaluation - 2008
- A great way to catch up on your edublog reading - 2008
- Home at last! - 2007
- 2006 Edublog Awards - 2006