My friend Chris Walsh let me know about an imminent public beta for his new company Brightstorm (formerly Big Tree Learning) coming in a couple of weeks. During a two week period, volunteer beta testers will enjoy “free access to all our courses and material” designed to help students do better in high school courses and prepare for college. According to Chris:
Brightstorm is a new online service that helps high school kids do better in school and prepare for college. In the initial launch, Brightstorm is offering a series of engaging online video courses led by rock-star teachers from around the country. Each teacher has a unique style that helps kids understand the most critical concepts in their subject area as they help them tackle the common tasks that kids need to do to succeed in their regular high school courses. Teachers also help kids deepen their understanding so they feel confident and prepared for more advanced courses in both high school and college. Of course, there’s a whole lot more built into the service, but you need to sign-up to see it in action.
We certainly need access to robust, multimedia-enhanced, differentiated digital curriculum in our schools and homes. It makes sense that the providers of those curriculum materials are most likely to be educational entrepreneurs like Chris as well as OER proponents, rather than traditional textbook publishers.
Give Brightstorm a try. I’m curious to check out their available materials, and I’ll report on what I learn.
As a side note, it’s interesting to see that Brightstorm’s homepage is currently set to use a free Google form. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Screenshot Keyboard Shortcuts - 2018
- Starting Off Makers Club with Water Bottle Rocket Launches - 2014
- iTunes Match: All My Songs Now Available in the iCloud - 2012
- Boatlift: More Rescued by Sea after 9-11 than at Dunkirk - 2011
- Talk with Media: Visual Literacy and Digital Storytelling #learning2cn - 2010
- Three exemplary International Schools in Hong Kong - 2009
- The time for economic concern has come (a vast understatement) - 2008
- Financial literacy web tools and curriculum from Shryk - 2008
- Podcast191: Creating globally connected, rigorous and highly motivated assignments by Alan November - 2007
- Troubled by a literacy Google search - 2006