Do you use Blackboard/WebCT at your school or institution? Are you compelled to use it? Have administrators attempted to tempt you, openly threatened you, or strongly encouraged you to use it? If any of the above scenarios are true, I encourage you to consider the Parable of The Tailor, shared by Clay Burrell.
Last spring, teaching at UCO, I had to use WebCT. This term, teaching at UNT, I have an option of using Blackboard or Moodle. Moodle is supported by our department but not the university’s central IT department. I’m really enjoying Moodle. Can you believe it, when I order a suit from the Moodle virtual tailor, the sleeves ARE actually the same length and it fits perfectly?
Amazing what a difference small things can make.
Does your educational organization have a policy to support, share, and evangelize open source software like Moodle? If not, why not? Do your administrators understand the power and importance of F/OSS for learning worldwide? If not, when are you going to share it with them?
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Beware of iPhone "Melt" App Email and SMS Spam - 2013
- Notes from Gary Stager's Keynote: 2012 Interactive Learning Institute #k20ili - 2012
- This Is What Learning Looks Like by Gary Stager (Nov 2012) - 2012
- Puffin Web Browser for Flash Movies on iOS - 2011
- Podcast385: Interview with Frederic-Auguste Bartholdi (Glenn Stoops) - 2011
- Ning Flash Videos now iOS Compatible with Skyfire Browser - 2010
- A proposed student social media protest campaign for NYSCATE - 2009
- A perfect soup dumpling ending to our China adventure - 2009
- Podcast290: The Magic of Digital: Collaborative Interaction in Teacher Professional Development - 2008
- Digital audio alternatives by Will Birchett - 2007