This weekend I’ve seen two different WordPress.com sites with the default tagline, “Just another WordPress.com weblog.” This is the default tagline which WordPress.com uses for every new site when it’s created. The tagline of your WordPress.com site is displayed by most WordPress themes in the header section of your blog. It’s like a byline. It’s a good idea to change this default tagline either to something appropriate for your site (which gives visitors more information about it) or to delete it completely. The image below shows two WordPress.com sites with the default tagline, and another (our family learning blog – technically a self-hosted WordPress site) with a customized tagline.
To change your WordPress.com site tagline, log into WordPress.com and visit your blog’s DASHBOARD. Then click SETTINGS – GENERAL in the left sidebar.
Next, change your TAGLINE at the top of the page and click SAVE CHANGES at the bottom.
If you see WordPress.com sites (or self-hosted WordPress sites) with the generic tagline, please share this post with the site authors so they can customize their site tagline!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Create an iOS iMovie Video Collage with YouTube Contributions - 2014
- One Day on Earth: Help Storychase the World's Story on 10.10.10 - 2010
- Free eBook: Henry Jenkins on Participatory Culture and Media Education - 2010
- Your unique, non-corporate voice MATTERS - 2010
- Remix Viral Media to Create Viral Media - 2010
- Using brain waves to control robotic arms, value of diverse podcast subscriptions - 2009
- Can't delete Akismet spam comments in latest WordPress - 2008
- Filmmakers document incredible courage of Liberian women - 2008
- No Ning networks for students under age 13, Monitored ePals email Accounts - 2008
- Thoughts on keyboarding and cursive - 2007