Yesterday I facilitated a 60 minute webinar on Classroom 2.0 Live about digital storytelling. This was an “open mic” session, which is similar to facilitated conversations at EdCamps. The webinar is archived on YouTube, and referenced links are included in this LiveBinder.
These are some of the links I saved from the webinar, which were shared by participants. This was an excellent session and I learned about several new resources I’m anxious to try with my own students in digital storytelling projects!
- Murmur Project – Toronto (place-based digital storytelling using cell phones for playback)
- StoryboardThat – Web-based tool for project storyboarding
- BitStrips for Schools – comic -based digital storytelling
- Bay Farm School Digital Tour (using QR codes)
- 6th Grade Roller Coaster Physics Project
- Dot Day at Bay Farm Project
- Make Beliefs Comix
- The Cloud Coaster
- City of San Leandro History Walk (A Boy Scout Eagle Project)
- Digital Storytelling Pearltrees site by Shelly Terrell
- Voki (create speaking avatars)
- Morfo (free iOS app to turn a photo into a talking avatar)
- Tools for Screen Captures, Digital Storytelling, & Video
- Out of Eden Walk
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Interactive App and Software Options for Human Anatomy Classes - 2015
- Check Out Teetsie: A GameSalad-created iPad Game - 2013
- Amplify Art with Media (Oct 2013) - 2013
- Captivated by the Tesla S Series Electric Car in Portland, Oregon - 2012
- A Second Grade Field Trip to the Zoo with AudioBoo - 2011
- K-20 Innovative Learning Institute Nov 4th in Norman, Oklahoma - 2010
- WordPress Site Caching with Amazon S3 & CloudFront - 2010
- Google Docs Adds Folder Sharing - 2009
- Remember to turn YouTube channel comment moderation ON - 2009
- K-12 Online Conference 2008 starts tomorrow! - 2008