Yesterday I facilitated a 60 minute webinar on Classroom 2.0 Live about digital storytelling. This was an “open mic” session, which is similar to facilitated conversations at EdCamps. The webinar is archived on YouTube, and referenced links are included in this LiveBinder.
These are some of the links I saved from the webinar, which were shared by participants. This was an excellent session and I learned about several new resources I’m anxious to try with my own students in digital storytelling projects!
- Murmur Project – Toronto (place-based digital storytelling using cell phones for playback)
- StoryboardThat – Web-based tool for project storyboarding
- BitStrips for Schools – comic -based digital storytelling
- Bay Farm School Digital Tour (using QR codes)
- 6th Grade Roller Coaster Physics Project
- Dot Day at Bay Farm Project
- Make Beliefs Comix
- The Cloud Coaster
- City of San Leandro History Walk (A Boy Scout Eagle Project)
- Digital Storytelling Pearltrees site by Shelly Terrell
- Voki (create speaking avatars)
- Morfo (free iOS app to turn a photo into a talking avatar)
- Tools for Screen Captures, Digital Storytelling, & Video
- Out of Eden Walk
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Interactive App and Software Options for Human Anatomy Classes - 2015
- Check Out Teetsie: A GameSalad-created iPad Game - 2013
- Amplify Art with Media (Oct 2013) - 2013
- Captivated by the Tesla S Series Electric Car in Portland, Oregon - 2012
- A Second Grade Field Trip to the Zoo with AudioBoo - 2011
- K-20 Innovative Learning Institute Nov 4th in Norman, Oklahoma - 2010
- WordPress Site Caching with Amazon S3 & CloudFront - 2010
- Google Docs Adds Folder Sharing - 2009
- Remember to turn YouTube channel comment moderation ON - 2009
- K-12 Online Conference 2008 starts tomorrow! - 2008