What a relief! It is disheartening to see that our K-12 Online Conference blog attracted over 3000 blog spam comments in just 5 days this past week. Previously we had been running version 2.2 of WordPress along with a much older version of Akismet, and the blog was getting FAR FEWER spam comments. Apparently upgrading has been a security downgrade, or there are many more blog spambots spewing pings to the latest version of WordPress. 🙁
In addition to updating Akismet I’ve also installed the WordPress plug-in WP-Spamfree to address spam comments. We continue using the Simple Trackback Validation plug-in as well. We’ve used Spam Karma 2 in the past but don’t currently have it activated.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Considering Audience and Purpose for Classroom Websites - 2017
- Audio Podcasting Workflows (August 2016) - 2016
- 70 iPad Apps for Elementary STEM - 2014
- Copyright Infringement Claims Lead to Suspension of Legoboy YouTube Channels - 2011
- OKC WordPress User's Group Meeting Notes: August 2011 - 2011
- Storychasing Follow Me Sunday with an iPad2 and iRig Mic - 2011
- Podcast356: Discussing EV (Electric Vehicle) Technology and Plugin Hybrids with Nathan Parrow of Oklahoma Robotics LLC - 2010
- Laptop Learning in Massachusetts: BYOL on the horizon? - 2010
- eBook Resources (for iPhone users and others) - 2009
- Podcast328: Students as Self-Advocates: Why/How Learners Should Craft Their Own Digital Footprints (Ginger Lumen) - 2009