Here’s my geekiest post in awhile: I figured out how to embed a Twitter widget in a Dot Net Nuke (DNN) website. The company my school district pays to host our official website uses DNN as our content management system, and it can be a little tricky to embed certain kinds of HTML code on pages.
Copy all of the code that twitter provides
Add a Text / HTML module to the page
Above the FCK Editor, click Basic Text Box
Underneath the FCK Editor, render mode select Raw
Paste in the code from twitter
Click on Save
These steps worked like a charm for me, and I was able to successfully embed a Twitter widget for my class Twitter account (@iesSTEM) on our official school webpage for our STEM program. I also made several other updates to the page:
- Adding some videos from this week of students sharing their expectations of STEM class and “What they’ve heard about STEM class”
- Adding links to the online application and information about our Spring 2015 Maker’s Club sessions
- Adding some sidebar images for our classroom YouTube account (which now has over 100 student-created videos!) and our Maker’s Club information page.
I teach 300 students each semester, and switch with our art teacher to get a new group of students after Christmas break. This was our first week of STEM together, and it’s been fun to start fresh with a new group of kids. See my post from yesterday on STEMseeds, “Group Building Design Challenge,” for more information about one of our lessons this week.
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Disadvantages of Openly Sharing Media - 2014
- Yukon Students Learning Computer Programming with Scratch - 2013
- Introduction to the Common Core State Standards by Karen Robertson - 2012
- An Iterative Google Search (with advanced options) solves a MS Word File Saving Problem - 2012
- Learning about Glass Blowing in Santa Fe, New Mexico (videos) - 2011
- Podcast366: Interviews with Navy WWII Ace Ed Wendorf and Docents Aboard the USS Midway - 2011
- Good Memories from Denton and UNT - 2011
- Virtual DNA Fingerprinting Lab (1 to 1 Learning in Yarmouth, Maine) - 2011
- Brainstorm & Find Available Websites with DomainStorm - 2011
- Getting Creative with Windows Live Movie Maker on a Netbook - 2010