This past Wednesday, December 6, 2017, I had an opportunity to participate in a “mini-retreat” with colleagues from Casady School (@casadyschoolokc) at the Innovation Hub at the University of Oklahoma (@ouinnovationhub).This is a group of both faculty and staff, involved in supporting and teaching coding and computer science at different levels at our school. This morning on Saturday, I recorded an almost 10 minute narrated slideshow, reflecting on five things this mini-retreat encouraged me to consider and think about as we strive to find ways to support innovation, creativity, multi-disciplinary learning, and STEM/STEAM learning including coding / computer science at our school in Oklahoma City. I created this narrated slideshow on my iPad using the app Explain Everything (@explainevrythng).
The five primary things I reflected on in this video were:
- The value and importance of exercise and wellness
- “Daily Create” challenges and celebrating a creative culture
- Multi-screen interactive classrooms of the future
- The importance of a centrally located coffee shop for learning
- The power of innovative learning spaces and “team time”
I shared a number of photos and observations during our mini-retreat tours on Wednesday, which included redesigned portions of the library at the University of Oklahoma (@ou_libraries) as well as the OU Innovation Hub. Those are collected in a Storify archive, which is also embedded below. If you have feedback or comments on any of these ideas please reach out to me on Twitter @wfryer or leave a comment below!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Laptops and iPhones Can Eat Cellular LTE Data FAST - 2014
- iOS4 Tip Screencast: Closing Apps Open in the Background #edapp - 2010
- iPhone LIVE Webcasting to UStream, Tiered iPhone Data Plans, Exaflood Rumors - 2009
- Why aren't we using the real world? - 2009
- VoiceThread compared to GarageBand - 2008
- Tips for digital story evaluation - 2008
- A great way to catch up on your edublog reading - 2008
- Home at last! - 2007
- 2006 Edublog Awards - 2006
- Intermediate/Advanced Topics in Podcasting - 2006