In his September post, “The New iPod Touch: Excellent School Choice,” Dr. Tim Tyson recommends several video applications for the iPod Touch (and iPhone / iPad) which I have not tried yet. These include:
- MovieSlate ($20) – “MovieSlate a convenient, all-in-one digital slate, clapper board, shot log, and shot notepad— designed for use in film, television, documentaries, music videos, and interviews.”
- iSlate ($3) – “iSlate is an easy to use portable digital clapper board that can help video enthusiasts add a touch of hollywood magic to their videos. Possible uses include video blogs, online video postings, and various video projects.”
- ReelDirector ($4) – “Full-blown video editing for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch”
- Storyboard Composer ($20) – “Storyboard app for iPhone.”
- Animoto (free) – “Animoto turns the pictures on your iPhone into beautiful music videos! It takes just a few minutes to make one, and then you can share and collect them with your friends. Make as many as you like–they’re totally free.”
- Video Panorama ($3) – “The EASIEST Panorama Tool ever! No multiple shots! You only need to take a short video!”
I’m eager to try some of these out and consider adding them to my own Storychasing apps!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Things I'm Learning about HDMI Cables - 2017
- Selectively Auto-Sync Local Files to Google Drive - 2016
- PhotoShop, Art, and Ning Collaboration with Students in Maine and China - 2010
- 365 Photo Blog: Posterous, WordPress or just Flickr? - 2010
- A Lesson Idea About Our Inherent Value as Human Beings - 2010
- Linda Darling-Hammond has my vote for SOE - 2008
- Podcast295: Reconsidering Paradigms of Value and Rewards for Teacher Expertise with John Costilla of WeAreTeachers.com - 2008
- Podcast208: Blending Learning with Powerful Ingredients - 2007
- Watching graph scales during our ice storm - 2007
- No sidetrips for learning today - 2006