In his September post, “The New iPod Touch: Excellent School Choice,” Dr. Tim Tyson recommends several video applications for the iPod Touch (and iPhone / iPad) which I have not tried yet. These include:
- MovieSlate ($20) – “MovieSlate a convenient, all-in-one digital slate, clapper board, shot log, and shot notepad— designed for use in film, television, documentaries, music videos, and interviews.”
- iSlate ($3) – “iSlate is an easy to use portable digital clapper board that can help video enthusiasts add a touch of hollywood magic to their videos. Possible uses include video blogs, online video postings, and various video projects.”
- ReelDirector ($4) – “Full-blown video editing for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch”
- Storyboard Composer ($20) – “Storyboard app for iPhone.”
- Animoto (free) – “Animoto turns the pictures on your iPhone into beautiful music videos! It takes just a few minutes to make one, and then you can share and collect them with your friends. Make as many as you like–they’re totally free.”
- Video Panorama ($3) – “The EASIEST Panorama Tool ever! No multiple shots! You only need to take a short video!”
I’m eager to try some of these out and consider adding them to my own Storychasing apps!
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- PhotoShop, Art, and Ning Collaboration with Students in Maine and China - 2010
- 365 Photo Blog: Posterous, WordPress or just Flickr? - 2010
- A Lesson Idea About Our Inherent Value as Human Beings - 2010
- Linda Darling-Hammond has my vote for SOE - 2008
- Podcast295: Reconsidering Paradigms of Value and Rewards for Teacher Expertise with John Costilla of WeAreTeachers.com - 2008
- Podcast208: Blending Learning with Powerful Ingredients - 2007
- Watching graph scales during our ice storm - 2007
- No sidetrips for learning today - 2006
- Preparing teachers of digital immigrants - 2005
- Skype Headsets, Pamela, WeeMees & Videoconferencing - 2005