In his September post, “The New iPod Touch: Excellent School Choice,” Dr. Tim Tyson recommends several video applications for the iPod Touch (and iPhone / iPad) which I have not tried yet. These include:
- MovieSlate ($20) – “MovieSlate a convenient, all-in-one digital slate, clapper board, shot log, and shot notepad— designed for use in film, television, documentaries, music videos, and interviews.”
- iSlate ($3) – “iSlate is an easy to use portable digital clapper board that can help video enthusiasts add a touch of hollywood magic to their videos. Possible uses include video blogs, online video postings, and various video projects.”
- ReelDirector ($4) – “Full-blown video editing for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch”
- Storyboard Composer ($20) – “Storyboard app for iPhone.”
- Animoto (free) – “Animoto turns the pictures on your iPhone into beautiful music videos! It takes just a few minutes to make one, and then you can share and collect them with your friends. Make as many as you like–they’re totally free.”
- Video Panorama ($3) – “The EASIEST Panorama Tool ever! No multiple shots! You only need to take a short video!”
I’m eager to try some of these out and consider adding them to my own Storychasing apps!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Things I'm Learning about HDMI Cables - 2017
- Selectively Auto-Sync Local Files to Google Drive - 2016
- PhotoShop, Art, and Ning Collaboration with Students in Maine and China - 2010
- 365 Photo Blog: Posterous, WordPress or just Flickr? - 2010
- A Lesson Idea About Our Inherent Value as Human Beings - 2010
- Linda Darling-Hammond has my vote for SOE - 2008
- Podcast295: Reconsidering Paradigms of Value and Rewards for Teacher Expertise with John Costilla of WeAreTeachers.com - 2008
- Podcast208: Blending Learning with Powerful Ingredients - 2007
- Watching graph scales during our ice storm - 2007
- No sidetrips for learning today - 2006